Daniel Giamario is the Founder-Emeritus and Senior Advisor of the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School ™and creator of the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™, also known as TheGiamarioApproach ™. He joins together an academic background in Comparative Philosophy and Religion, with teaching meditation in two worldwide organizations, and extensive world travel.
Daniel learned astrology in the late 1960’s and was part of Dane Rudhyar’s humanistic astrology movement in the 1970s. After a vision quest experience on Mount Shasta in 1981, his astrological vision and spiritual path became more Earth centered and a shamanically oriented astrology was born. For many years, his specialty has been connecting astrology to the night sky at secluded locations and sacred sites in an “As Above -So Below” direct experience. He has been a full time astrological consultant since 1984.
Shamanic Astrology has evolved as a rich blend of psychological, mythological, spiritual, and shamanistic elements, specifically designed to assist in the unfoldment of the individual’s life purpose and in navigating this pivotal point of the Turning of the Ages.
In the early 1990s, with the help of Cayelin Castell, the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School™ was conceived as a land based, nomadic, and virtual curriculum for training counseling and therapeutic professionals in the use of the most important and transformational astrological tools and techniques.
Daniel’s first book, The Shamanic Astrology Handbook, was revised and updated in 2012 and again in 2014. In 2013 he authored The Shamanic Astrology Divination Card Deck. His second book, Origins of the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm ™, became available in 2017. All can be ordered from the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School ™ A variety of other Shamanic Astrology books are currently in development. Daniel has written numerous articles for Mountain Astrologer magazine and other publications. Throughout the 1980’s and 1990’s, Daniel traveled extensively, teaching workshops in over thirty locations. He currently is traveling less, except for regularly scheduled events in the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School™ curriculum as well as International events with the Renaissance of the Sacred Feminine organization.
Daniel lives and travels with his wife Lynne, going back and forth between Southern Arizona, Europe and South Asia. He is available for personal and phone consultations, lectures and workshops. He is also a lively and stimulating radio and television guest and has hosted his own radio show on the Seventh Wave Network. Daniel is currently developing a one-on –one personal apprenticeship program.
Daniel’s passions are the growing of the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School’s body of knowledge, further evolution of the TheGiamarioApproach ™, and continued research to obtain answers to his life-long question: “Who are we? And what the hell happened?”.
Shamanic Astrology™ Lineage, as originally created by Daniel Giamario
We as Shamanic Astrologer’s honor our ancestors, predecessors, and the prior lineages inspiring Shamanic Astrology™ including, but not limited to:
- The Ancient Ones
- The Greater Shamanic Council of Light
- Thoth/Hermes Trismegistus and Lady Seshat of the Measuring Cord, originators of the “As Above -So Below” Mysteries
- The Merlin Traditions, Avalon, and the Round Table, recognizing that women and men can collaborate as equals and allies
- Priestesses and Priests of other Ancient and Emerging Traditions who recognize the Sacred Feminine
- The Magi, and all those who knew, like now, that it was the Turning of the Ages
- The Great Shining Ones, and the Master Teachers of old
- The Sky Shamans of the Anasazi and Other Native Americans
- The Calendric Wizardry of the Maya and Inca traditions
- The Ancient Babylonians and Sumerians, who devised the original Sidereal Zodiacs
- The Hellenistic genius in creating a seasonal (tropical) Zodiac
- The Contributions of the Vedic Astrologers and their work with the Lunar Mansions
- The Contributions of the Chinese and their work with the Jupiter Cycle
- The Contributions of Mesoamerica and Babylonia in understanding the Venus Synodic cycles
- The Polynesian way-finders exploring the world’s oceans by the stars
- The Way of life of Neolithic Peoples around the world
- The Builders of the Ancient Stone Circles, Pyramids, Petroglyph Sites, Temples and other ancient Calendric Devices
- Plus all other Earth and Sky Teachers Not In Human Form
- And more recently The Astrosophy of Rudolph Steiner
- The Cosmology of Dane Rudhyar
- The Archetypal Vision of C.G. Jung
Gratitude and Appreciation for all those who have come before whom inspire us in our ability to dream the dream onward.
We as Shamanic Astrologers are committed to the fullest expression of life grounded on the foundation of As Above-So Below, As Within-So Without; a life recognizing and celebrating the union between Soul and Spirit, between Land and Sky, between Feminine and Masculine, between Body and Mind and between Shadow and Light.
We are committed to a Life of Service, in facilitating the assistance of any sentient being desiring connection or reconnection to the magical link between Earth and the Heavens. Our highest priority and deepest motivation is love; and it is our love of the Magical connection between Land and Sky, and the Celestial Cycles, which animates our great privilege and joy in participating and co-creating with ‘Great Mystery.’
We believe this experience and commitment eliminates fear, separation, power over others, false classes and hierarchies, and other relationships not in accordance with Spirit. We believe this experience and commitment facilitates greater understanding, acceptance, inspiration and support for the joyous fulfillment of our individual and collective destinies. And as in the words of Carl Jung we are committed to participating in “Dreaming the Dream Onward.”
And so it is!!!